Lebanon County Historical Society
924 Cumberland Street, Lebanon, PA, 17042
1904 – 1907 Inclusive date(s)
1904 – 1907 Normal date(s)
Lebanon Sanatorium (Lebanon, Pa.)
(is creator of)
Founded by Dr. Andrew B. Gloninger with the support of the American Iron and Steel Company in 1904, the Lebanon Sanatorium opened as an eleven bed hosiptal in a former residential house on North Fourth Street in Lebanon. By 1906, the hospital was expanded and was served by a staff of twenty-eight physicians and fourteen nurses. The Sanatorium continued until 1968 with the further construction of a modern three store building in conjunction with the original hospital and would be renamed Lebanon Valley General Hospital.
Scope and Content
The first (1904) and fourth (1907) annual reports of the Lebanon Sanatorium listing finances, number of cases treated, number of surgeries and patients.